2013 Pacrim Invitational
2013 Pacrim Invitational Raises $17,000 For Give Kids The World Village
On Wednesday, July 24th the Pacrim Invitational started with a reception at The Lord Nelson Hotel in downtown Halifax. Glenn Squires, President & CEO of Pacrim Hospitality Services Inc. welcomed the participants and thanked all of the sponsors and donors for their support of the tournament.
"We are truly thankful for the many corporate sponsors and donors that enable us to be 12 years growing this tournament", said Glenn Squires. "Pacrim's goal in regards to this tournament has always been to provide a venue for our management employees to meet our investors, potential investors, partners and major suppliers as well as to give back to our community through our live and silent auctions which will take place tomorrow", stated Squires.
Mr. Squires informed the group that all net proceeds from the 2013 Pacrim Invitational live and silent auctions will go to Give Kids the World Village (www.givekidstheworld.org) which is located just outside of Disney World, Florida. Squires said, "Give Kids the World Village is a 70-acre, nonprofit "storybook" resort located near Central Florida's most beloved attractions. Kids from around the world with life threatening illnesses and their families are treated to weeklong, cost-free fantasy vacations. In 2012 over 500 families, through Make a Wish Canada, were guests of Give Kids the World Village. Also, 2012 was a milestone for Give Kids the World as they welcomed the 120,000th family to the Village". "I have been involved with Give Kids The World Village for years through my association with IHG which is a gold sponsor of Give Kids the World Village," said Squires. "If you are visiting the Disney area, I would highly recommend you visit Give Kids the World Village and you will find out very quickly how special a place this is for those families who stay there", Squires said.
Mr. Squires stated "in recent years the Pacrim Invitational live and silent auctions net proceeds went to Mount Saint Vincent University (MSVU) Tourism Department Pacrim Endowment Scholarship Fund. He stated that Pacrim had other plans in support of MSVU this year by way of a dinner and live auction which would include assistance from MSVU students and faculty as well as other members of the Nova Scotia tourism community".
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE 2013 TEAM WINNERS
|CHAMPIONS||Kanani Penashue, Nikashankess Penashue, Steve Ramsey, Jeff Bonang|
|2nd Place Team||Brad Hartlin, Mike Fougere, Peter MacInnis, Troy Harnish|
|3rd Place Team||Bruce Murchison, Trevor Nicholson, Cory Bell, Devin Hartnell|
THANK YOU TO ALL
We truly appreciate the support we have received from our investors, partners, suppliers and employees and would like to extend a thank you to all who helped
Hole In One Sponsor
Live Auction Donors
Financial Donors To Give Kids The World Village
- Intergy (www.intergy.ca) - all commission received from the Lord Nelson Hotel to Intergy for hotel bookings of the Pacrim Invitational Participants will go to Give Kids the World Village.
- Halifax International Airport Authority (www.hiaa.ca) - $1,000
Also, a thank you to……
- Steele Auto Group (www.steeleauto.com) for providing the hole in one vehicles
- Gordon Food Service (www.gfscanada.com) for the brunch and dinner products
- Oakfield Golf and Country Club (www.oakfield.ca) – General Manager, David Blot and Chef Darrell Cooling and his staff for their outstanding and professional service.
- Dan Myers, General Manager and his team at The Lord Nelson Hotel (www.lordnelsonhotel.ca) for being our host hotel and for our pre-tournament reception.
- On course food and beverage venues
- Coca-Cola for providing on-course refreshments
- Saltscapes Restaurant & General Store, www.saltscapesrestaurant.com
- Meadowbrook Meat Market, www.meadowbrookmeatmarket.com
- Ironworks Distillery, www.ironworksdistillery.com
- Scotsburn Ice Cream, www.scotsburn.com
- The Galley Restaurant, www.galleyrestaurant.ca
- Garrison Brewing Company, www.garrisonbrewing.com
- Entertainment courtesy of
- Jeff Bonang
- The Fine-Tuners, www.thefinetuners.ca
- Don Horne, President, Sports Management International for his 12 years assisting with this tournament
and to our most valued volunteers, it could not have been possible without you…
Front Row - Penny Squires, PHSI Director Guest Satisfaction
Back Row L-R - Rob MacPherson, Pacrim National Sales Coordinator; Glenn MacIssac, PHSI Regional Sales Manager (Nova Scotia Super 8 Hotels); Linda Dixon, Pacrim Hospitality Administrator; Yvan Laviolette, Regional Super 8 Sales Manager NB; Denise Alcock, Pacrim Executive Assistant; Heidi Sponagle, Sales Manager, HIE Stellarton; Candice Best, PHSI Human Resources, Payroll & Benefits; Ron Guignad, Sales Manager Hampton Inn & Suites Saint John, NB; Line Hanscomb, Catering Manager, Crowne Plaza Moncton, NB; Tammy White, PHSI Distribution & Yield Manager
Missing from the photo:
Charlene Langille, PHSI Senior Hotel Accountant; Kathy Dawson, Pacrim Corporate Accounting Associate; Gerald Normandeau, PHSI Senior VP Operations; Tosha Colburne, Sales Manager, HIE Hotel & Suites, Moncton, NB; Celeste Baxter, PHSI VP Human Resources; Amr Awad, PHSI Regional Vice President
2014 Pacrim Invitational
Mark your calendars for next year's tournament - Wednesday, July 30th (Reception) and Thursday, July 31st (Tournament).