2011 Pacrim Invitational
$25,000 Raised for Mount Saint Vincent University Tourism & Hospitality Management Program
On Wednesday, July 27th the Pacrim Invitational started with its reception where Glenn Squires, President & CEO of Pacrim Hospitality Services Inc. welcomed sponsors, donors, players and Dr. Ramona Lumpkin, President & Vice-Chancellor, Mount Saint Vincent University along with her staff and also several students who were recipients of the Pacrim scholarship.
All net proceeds from the live and silent auctions which took place on Thursday, July 28th at Oakfield Golf and Country Club are designated to the Tourism and Hospitality Management program at Mount Saint Vincent University (MSVU). This year the Pacrim Invitational presented a cheque to MSVU for $25,000 bringing the ten year total to over $350,000.
“2011 is a milestone year for the Pacrim Invitational as we celebrate our 10th year, said Glenn Squires. “It has been an unbelievable team effort and refreshing to see this tournament grow and we are truly thankful for the many corporate sponsors and donors that make this a continued growing reality. The Pacrim Invitational is known to be one of the most well organized golf tournaments in Atlantic Canada. It is also a real privilege to be a part of something that directly impacts university student lives and helps develop our leaders of tomorrow. Pacrim’s goal, 10 years ago, was to provide a venue for our management employees to meet our investors, potential investors, partners and major suppliers as well as to give back to our hospitality community through a Pacrim scholarship and award fund at Mount Saint Vincent University. Having raised over $375,000 for this scholarship and award fund and with a players waiting list for a number of years now, we have succeeded in our quest”, Squires said.
Thank You to All
We truly appreciate the support that we received from our investors, partners, suppliers and employees and would like to extend a thank you to all who helped make this year’s tournament successful.
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE 2011 TEAM WINNERS
|CHAMPIONS||Team 12A||Troy Harnish; Kevin MacIntyre; Shane Crawford; Adam Schellenburg of Rogers Communication|
|2nd Place Team||Team 5A||Dan LeBlanc; John Woods; Ken Marshall; Donna-Lee Brayton of Rogers Cable|
|3rd Place Team||Team 14A||Garry Beattie – HBM Integrated Technology Inc.; Darrell Rooney – Pacrim Hospitality Services Inc.; Brian Johnson – Kingswood Park; John Griffin – Holloway Lodging REIT|
THANK YOU TO ALL
We truly appreciate the support we have received from our investors, partners, suppliers and employees and would like to extend a thank you to all who helped
- LG Electronics
- InterContinental Hotels Group
- Lindsay Construction
- Beaulieu Canada
- EcoLight LED Systems
- Edin Textile
- Hotel Systems Pro
- MAC Interior Design Inc.
- Rogers Cable Inc.
- Tim Horton’s
- True North Hospitality
Live Auction Donors
- Villa del Mar Turks & Caicos
- Wyndham Worldwide
- InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG)
- Newmarket International, Inc
On Course Silent Auction Donors
- Bonardelli Group
- Century Industries
- Dine-Art Furniture
- Eden Textile
- LG Electronics Canada
- Patlin Textiles
- Simmons Canada
To our most valued volunteers, most of whom have volunteered for 10 years – it could not have been possible without you – thank you.
- Jonathan King – Intergy
- Peter McNeil – Sales Manager, Best Western Chocolate Lake Hotel Halifax
- Rob MacPherson – Sales Manager, Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Saint John
- Graham Mann – Regional Sales Manager, Super 8 Nova Scotia
- Debbie Rihard – Sales Manager, Holiday Inn Express Stellarton-New Glasgow
- Chris Woodley – Sales Manager, Super 8 St. John’s
- Pacrim Hospitality Services Inc. – Head Office - Denise Alcock; Celeste Baxter; Sherri Coffin; Misty Johnson; Andrew Kimball; Kate Laing; Alicia Whiting; Charlene Murray
Also, a thank you to:
- Aon Reed Stenhouse Insurance Company of Canada for providing the hole in one insurance
- The Steele Auto Group for providing the hole in one vehicles
- Coca-Cola for providing refreshments
- Labatt Breweries, our official beer supplier
- Sysco Corporation for the brunch and dinner products
- Oakfield Golf and Country Club – General Manager, David Blot; Andrew Noseworthy, Head Golf Professional and Chef Darrell Cooling and his staff for their outstanding and professional service
- Ryan Duffy’s and Radisson Suite Hotel Halifax for hosting our pre-tournament reception
- Saltscapes Restaurant and General Store and Taste Nova Scotia and their members for the amazing on-course food
- Don Horne of Sports Management International
We look forward to next year's 11th Annual Pacrim Invitational on July 19, 2011.