2009 Pacrim Invitational
$35,000 Raised for Mount Saint Vincent University Tourism & Hospitality Management Program
On Thursday, July 30th, one hundred and thirty-six golfers from across Canada and the United States participated in the 8th annual Pacrim Invitational at Oakfield Golf and Country Club which is located just outside of the City of Halifax. The participants consisted of Pacrim’s partners, investors and suppliers.
All net proceeds from the live and silent auctions for the annual event are designated to the Tourism and Hospitality Management program at Mount Saint Vincent University (MSVU). This year the Pacrim Invitational presented a cheque to MSVU for $35,000 bringing the eight year total to well over $300,000.
"With the economy being where it is today, I am delighted we can present a cheque to MSVU for $35,000" said Glenn Squires. "Without the support of our partners, investors and suppliers, this could not have happened and at this time I would like to thank each and every one who contributed to this event."
Thank You to All
We truly appreciate the support that we received from our investors, partners, suppliers and employees and would like to extend a thank you to all who helped make this year’s tournament successful.
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE 2009 TEAM WINNERS
|CHAMPIONS||Team Bird-Rideau Construction||Jim Brennan; Rick Buhr; Kirk Sutherland; Brian Stewart|
|2nd Place Team||Office Interiors||Jeff O’Grady; Ron Taylor; Jim Mills; Alan Mitchell|
|3rd Place Team||Manulife & Owens MacFadyen||Kevin Higgins; Patty McDonald; Ian MacKnight; Greg Caines|
THANK YOU TO ALL
The Executive Committee for the 2009 Tournament extends a thank you to all of the teams and to those who helped make this year’s tournament successful. Your support is greatly appreciated.
- Intercontinental Hotels Group
- Superior Lodging Corporation
- Beaulieu Canada
- Bonardelli Group
- Canaccord Adams
- Mac Interiors
- McCullaugh Coffee
- Eden Textiles
- Office Interiors
- Pomeroy Inn and Suites Advertising Inc.
- Price WaterhouseCoopers
- Wyndham Worldwide
Live Auction Donors
- Wyndham Worldwide - 200,000 Wyndham Rewards Points and 7 consecutive nights in 2 bedroom accommodations at a Club Wyndham Plus Vacation Resort Worldwide.
- Newmarket International, Inc. - 4 Tickets to a Patriots Game in Boston including hotel accommodations – 2 rooms for 2 nights
- Gander River Lodge - Atlantic Salmon 4 Day, 3 Night Fishin’ Trip for Two
- Holiday Inn Express Bonita Springs, FL - Florida Bound Golf Stay & Dine Package
- Holiday inn Express Myrtle Beach, SC - Myrtle Beach Golf, Stay and Dine Package
On Course Silent Auction Donors
- Best Western International
- IHG – InterContinental Hotels Group
- Oakfield Golf & Country Club
- True North Distributors
- Wild Goose Lodge, PEI
Thank you to all volunteers who took time from their busy schedules to make this tournament happen:
- Best Western Chocolate Lake Hotel Halifax - Peter McNeil
- Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Saint John - Rob MacPherson
- Holiday Inn Express Halifax/Bedford - Graham Mann
- Holiday Inn Express Stellarton-New Glasgow - Debbie Rihard
- Holiday Inn Hotel & Conference Centre Truro - Rich Taylor
- Radisson Suite Hotel Halifax - Scott Cadell; Steve Dodge; James Robar
- Intergy - Jonathan King
- Pacrim Hospitality Services Inc. – Head Office - Crystal Fulcher; Linda Good; Misty Johnson; Tiffany Joudrey; Andrew Kimball; Kate Laing; Alicia Whiting
Also, a thank you to:
- Aon Reid Stenhouse Insurance Inc. and Aviva Insurance Company of Canada for providing the hole in one insurance
- The Steele Auto Group for providing the hole in one vehicles
- Coca-cola for providing coke products and water
- Labatt Breweries, our official beer supplier
- Sysco Corporation for the brunch and dinner products
- Oakfield Gold and Country Club – General Manager Jason Lohnes and Chef Darrell Cooling and their staff for their outstanding and professional service
- Ryan Duffy’s and Radisson Suite Hotel Halifax for hosting our pre-tournament reception
We look forward to next year's ninth Annual Pacrim Invitational on July 29, 2010.